Brenden with his "Daddy Bear"
Riley and Brenden's "Daddy Bear"
Then on Sunday Brenden's one month birthday I noticed that Brenden felt warm to the touch. I took his temp and it was 100.7. So off to the ER we went. The place was super busy. Most of the chairs were full and there were lots of people just standing around and waiting. I knew we would to there for most of the evening. We arrived around 4:15pm and waited for about an hour to see the nurse. Once we saw the nurse we were taken right back to talk to the doctor. Brenden's temp was now a 101.7. We waited for a little while and the doctor came to talk to me. He told the test he wanted to run and what would be happening. First he had a blood drawn. Then they went in and took a urine sample and that was all sent to the lab. Once that was done he head to x-ray to have a picture taken of Brenden's chest. Then we return to the ER and the doctor comes in to do a spinal tap on Brenden. A spinal tap is when the doctor draws spinal fluid from the base of the spin. This was painful for me to watch. Not only did I know the pain that this caused but the doctor was unsuccessful the first time and had to repeat the procedure. Still coming up empty handed. So he called for Dr. Rowe to come and try. Once she came I found out that we would not be going home Sunday night. Then she tried the spinal tap too. She tried and was unseccussful not just once but twice. I guess it was important that they get this because she tried again and on her third try and Brenden's five they got what they wanted. After being poked in the back 5 times we had to try and get an IV started. This too took many tries by a couple of different nurses before "Grandma" nurse came and had one seccussful go at his little arm. So then it was up to the fourth floor we went. This is were we stayed for the next 48 hours. We had lots of different test ran and everything came back negitive and Brenden went 24 hours without a fever. So the doctor sent us home today 11 September and we will go tomorrow to see Dr. Henry to be re-evaluated. Here is what the past 48 hours looked like for Brenden and I.
Trying to sleep
Finely asleep





3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about Brenden. I'm sure you are exausted! Hopefully things will start to slow down for the four of you before Ben leaves in a couple of weeks. Hang in there. If there is anything we can do, just let us know.
We love and miss you all.
Joe, Jen, Brock and Jackson
AWWWW POOR BABY...I AM GLAD THAT HE IS BETTER...MOM SAID HE NEEDS TO STOP GROWING!! LOL! CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS, I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU ALL VERY MUCH. HUGS AND KISSES.
LOVE,
AMY
Looks like "Daddy Bear" could carry Brenden right now! He sure is growing fast! He'll be carrying "Daddy Bear" real soon. Love you and miss you, "from here to the moon and back!" Nana
Post a Comment