MONTHLY DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT
Well today I started the great walk of monthly doctor appointments with baby number two. I was assigned to a wonderful nurse practitioner, Ms. O'Quinn and her asstitant Mr. Watzson. Very personal people. They were both here at Ft. Campbell during the first baby boom. I had a normal appointment. I talked about my delivery and pregnancy with Riley. We pulled my record and went through what I should be thinking about for the next appointment. I need to think about weather I want to have a repeat C-section or try for a viganal delivery. Ms. O'Quinn could not go through this with me since she does not deliver babies. She did explain to me that I will see a DOCTOR next month to have my insides checked and to go over the pros and cons of a repeat C-section and a viganal delivery. Lots to think about between now and then. I guess I have seven months to fully decide. I realize that with a repeat C-section I can plan to have family here before the baby is here and hopefully Ben will still be here too. The only thing that I don't like is picking my baby's birthday. I would like to have the baby choose for him/herself.
Well here is what I learned at this appointment. I gained NO weight, my blood pressure was great, Fundal height (uterus) measures 10-12 cm which is right on track for a August 16 due date and the Fetal heart rate was 158. Which going by the old wise tail (heart over 140 would be a girl) this baby should be a girl but Riley's heart rate was in the 140 rage and she was a girl so she did not follow the wise tail. We will have to wait until the end of March to find out. Riley and Ben are pushing for a boy and I am just wanting another healthy beautiful baby. More about the baby in a month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment