!!!Happy Birthday!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yard Work Begins!

We had a wonderful day to do some yard work that I have been wanting to complete. I was not able to complete everything that I wanted to so it will continue on until it's finished. I have added new bricks around our front tree with red mulch. I added the same bricks around our mailbox with some small river rocks. I needed something to help stablize the mailbox after it was replaced by yours truely. It was taken out by a car a few months back. It's solid now. I continued with the landscaping around the bushes next to our front porch. I replaced the landscaping timbers one the one side and will complete the other side after I have my dad cut the 8 foot timbers to the length that I need. I then covered the "flower" bed with black yard fabric that kills the weeds to help keep the grass from growing under the mulch. The mulch is also suppose to have weed killer in it so I hope that it works and keeps the green our of my red mulch. As you can see in the pictures it's going to look nice when its all complete. Here is what I was able to accomplish today.No I don't have green thumb so I will not be adding flowers to the "flower" bed this year. Maybe next year when I am not home allow I will attempt to grow flowers. What you see in the pictures are plants that were already there when we purchased the house. I do plan to add a hanging basket of flowers for Riley to help take care of this year. She is wanting to grow her own so I told her that we would go out and get her some flowers and hang them from the porch. We will see how well the do. More pictures to come of this project.

Posted by Angela

1 comment:

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

Very nice Angie. You were able to get a lot done. But where were you when I was putting my mulch in, I would have let you practice in my yard. And it's not hard to grow flowers, my motto is "lots and lots of plant food (pellet form)" and you can't go wrong.