Today Riley and I had a rought start. We were out this morning and had to leave because of her attitude and behavior. She was crying and screaming. So we left and came straight home. I was so upset with her that I began to cry in the truck. She then decided that she was done with all the nonsense and rode quietly. I took a time out away from her for a moment and then we had a wonderful talk. We talked about what happened today and why she was so upset. I told her that she needs to use her words and not act in that manner again. She looked at me and said ok, I'm sorry mommy, and gave me a huge hug. Then she tells that I am her "Best Friend". Riley is my best friend even if she is only three years old. After a conversation like this one I can see why I love her so much. I know that she has her moments like the one this morning but she can make it up to me just a quick as she brought it out. We are truely mother and daughter and our relationship is going through the same bumps that my relationship with my mom did. It's crazy and I am sure she is loving but I know that in the end we will all be great friends and have a very close relationship.






2 comments:
There will always be times like that all through your life. But it only gets better as time goes on. Love them with all your heart and it will come back 100 fold! Love ya Mom
That is a sign of a great mom! Not only did you take a break to clam down before talking to Riley, but you ended a frustrating event with love and forgiveness. Great job Angie, I'm proud of you. I have seen you talk things out with Riley and it is much more effective then yelling.
Post a Comment