!!!Happy Birthday!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 28, 2008

Remodel Day 1

After spending a week in Michigan with friends and family it was time for me and my dad to head back to Tennessee to gut my kitchen. My dad has remodel his kitchen a few years ago so he brought a few tools that we would need in the process. He also brought along not one but two ladders. As we began our process I noticed two things. The first being our redneck tool box. A five gallon bucket. This is what my dad brought down from his own tool box back home. Then I noticed one other thing. We did not even go out to get either ladder we decided to use the redneck ladder as well. Yes you guessed it a kitchen chair. I guess when you work in the south you have to make things simple or things will not be completed. We made lots of progress today. We were able to get all the wall cupboards down and ready to be loaded in the truck to take them to Habitat for Humanity. Tomorrow we will continue with the lower cabinets and counter tops. My new cupboards and cabinets will be arriving by the end of the week and then keeping our fingers crossed Home Depot will be able to come and install them on Saturday or Monday before we head back to Michigan for a BIG birthday party. Below you will see the before pictures of my kitchen along with some action pictures of what we accomplished today.
Redneck toolbox Dad using the redneck ladder.
Before
Before everything was taken out.
Dad started with taking down the these cupboards.
I climbed on the counter top (redneck ladder 2) to cut the seams from the paint job that was done before we bought the house.I then took the crowbar to pry the crown modeling from the cupboards and ceiling. This was the fun part that made a big mess. I was able to use a little muscle.

After showing my muscles with the crowbar. Dad handed me the drill to take out the screws that held the cupboards to the wall.

This is what my kitchen now looks like. We did get that last cupboard down too but we had to cut the power to the hood. But my kitchen walls are naked and waiting to have their new "clothes" put up. It's going to be great. I can't wait.


Tomorrow will bring new pictures and new emptiness to the kitchen. This process has gone very smooth. I have to say thank you to both Grandma and Grandpa Ringman and Nana and Aunt Mimi for taking care of my two kiddos while I am here with Papa. This process would not be going so well if I had to watch two little people. So "THANK YOU" it means a lot to me to have family you to help when needed.



Posted by Angela

5 comments:

Ruby and Don said...

Way to go! I can't believe you got that much done after talking to me this afternoon. It looks alot bigger! It's going to look great with the new cupboards in. Who's the foreman on this job? Love ya, Mom

Angela said...

The foreman on the job is ME! The one with the plans and the attitude at hand. Things are going great. We are working together great. So I am glad that Home Depot is installing or that might be a little rough.

Love ya

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

OK not only am I jealous that you are getting a new kitchen, but I really don't like the fact that I would love to have your "before" kitchen instead of my current one. I also think it is great that your cupboards are going to Habitat!

Great job, glad everything is going smooth! What does it feel like to sleep through the night since you have no kids???

Grandma Ringman said...

Good work. You got alot done for only one day. Enjoy your time with your Dad. We are have a blast with the kiddo's.

Grandma Ringman said...

I like blue. Miss you.

Love Riley

(I'm just the typist)