Thanksgiving Day started with lots of phone calls from family members who were not in town. Here is Ben talking on both cell phones with his parents and his brother.

As the day began with a quick run to McDonald's for breakfast and to pick up the newspaper for the ads, I returned home to begin the process of making turkey dinner. Here I am having a issue with my forhead. I had already began to touch the turkey and my hands were yucky and I had an itch so I tried my best and thanks to mom this is what it looked like to those around me.

Looking for the rest of the items to continue making dinner.

I had a couple of little helpers. Brenden put on his appron and danced around the kitchen "helping".

This was my second helper, Trista. She is a year younger then Riley. She loved helping out around the house and was very cute.

Once I had the turkey in the over Riley and I had a few moments to pose for a picture. I have learned that Riley is more and more like her mommy then I thought. Scarey.
Once dinner was finished the kids received their plates and then the adults went through. I guess being the cook I was the last to get my plate but received the privledge to sit at the kids table. Riley wanted me all day long and I was so busy cooking that I sat on with her to eat our dinner together.
After dinner we had to put on our party dresses and do a little dancing. We have been watching "Dancing with the Stars" and Riley wanted to dance like them. She needed her dress on first.

Once we had Riley dress Trista then needed a dress too so I found an old dress of Riley's that fit her prefectly and she was able to dance too. The girls dancing with their mommy's.

Daddy wanted to get a dance in with his Pretty little Princess too. Riley was telling Daddy how to hold their hands and how to dance. Very cute.

Daddy is dipping Riley. She asked to be dipped and showed us how to do that as well. She watched every little detail of each dance and wanted to dance just like the dancers.

After a long day of playing with family and friends, eating turkey dinner and dancing the kids were tired. They both fell asleep on their way to the hotel with Nana and Papa. They spent the night with Nana and Papa so Mommy, Daddy, and Aunt Mimi could get up early to go shopping on "black Friday".


We all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was the best Turkey day in about two years. Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend and holiday.
4 comments:
Ben,
This is a PG blog so I will tone down what I am about to say. Is that a Titans shirt you were wearing on Thanksgiving? What a trader! The Lions were even playing them on Thanksgiving. I wonder who you were rooting for. Hurry up everyone, LET'S ALL JUMP ON THE BAND WAGON!!!
Your loving Brother and devoted Lions Fan
Michael
We had a great time Ben and Angie. (Even if you were rooting the (Home) team! Enjoyed the kids and watching them play with their friend, Tristen. Also was nice to just sit back and watch, and then enjoy the great dinner. Love you Mom & Dad P
THAT WAS A LONG DAY FOR EVERYONE! BUT WE ALL HAD FUN.
LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU,
AMY
OH AND BY THE WAY, YOU DID A GREAT JOB WITH THANKSGIVING DINNER/LUNCH! IT WAS ALL VERY GOOD.
Post a Comment