On Saturday the kids and I had a video conference with Ben. It was great to see him and be able to talk to him in real time. We were at the Military Intelligence building on post. We had 20 minutes to talk. There were three other families that had the same opportunity. This was the first time we had anything like this available to us during deployment. It nice to see him and for Ben to see how much the kids have grown. He could not believe the difference in both Riley and Brenden. He told them to stop growing. It was great to watch Riley react to seeing her daddy. Now she can't wait to go to the airport to pick him up. She thought we were going to go right after we talk to him. I had to explain that we will go in a few weeks and you will be able to give daddy a hug and kiss. She was so excited to talk to her daddy and show him her purse, "lipstick", and ring. She also shared with daddy what she wanted for her birthday. So we will be on a hunt for the birthday gift when he gets home.
The good news is we learned that Ben will be receiving R and R around February 11th. We have been told that he should be receiving 18 days so we will see when the time comes. Ben will be home for our 4th wedding anniversary and Riley's third birthday. It's going to be a great month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I'm so happy that you got to do that. I'm sure Ben enjoyed it more then anyone. It is great to hear that Ben will be home at the perfect time. I'm sure Riley will be bursting at the seems until she gets to hug her daddy again (it's close enough that she can start to get excited)
Post a Comment