Where do I begin. Our computer went down the night before Ben arrived here in Tennessee and we just received back yesterday 29 February. There is lots to share with everyone. I know you are all waiting to hear how the kids reacted to seeing daddy for the first time but during the past two weeks we had an anniversary, Riley's third birthday and a great visit from Grandma and Grandpa Ringman and Aunt Debbie and Uncle Rick. So here are a few pictures of the time we have shared with Daddy and family.





When I received the phone call from Grandma Ringman telling that I needed to pick Ben up at the airport Riley was already at day care and I was getting ready to take Brenden to the his 6 months well baby appointment. I was very excited and did not know what to do. Should I go and pick Riley from day care so all three of could be at the airport or do I leave her and have daddy go and pick her up at the end of the day? Well I left her at "school" because we were in for a long day with the wait at the airport and then straight to Brenden's appointment. Brenden and I were in the car all day long that day. When we arrived at the airport we made it just in time to see the guys walk through the terminal. Their flight was 30 minutes early and we arrived 30 minutes early to their arrival time. Brenden knew his daddy right away and was not afraid for him. He gave him a BIG smile and hug in the airport and then played together all night long. Ben picked Riley up at "school" and she was surprised to see her daddy. No she did not know that he was coming home that day due to the fact that I received the call after she was "school" that morning. When Ben walked into her classroom she smiled and acted like a little school girl who just received a kiss from the cutest boy in school. She was shy and full of smiles. It was great to see them together. We all had a wonderful time with daddy being home. His trip is coming to an end very quickly. We take him back to the airport tomorrow morning, 2 March. We will be sad to him go again but we enjoyed the time we had together. We will see him again in just a few short/long 10 months.
3 comments:
i was online and i read this blog.
love daddy
So good to see you with the kids, Ben. I can't believe how big Brenden looks. Can't wait to see both of them in a few weeks. Love ya, Nana and Papa
I love the picture of the three of them on the floor with the footballs. The picture of Ben and Brenden playing with the blocks is priceless. So happy to hear that Ben had a great time at home. I also love the story of Ben picking Riley up at school, won't it be great when Ben can pick her up everyday!
Post a Comment