!!!Happy Birthday!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 16, 2008

TRAVELLING WITH KIDS

Traveling in a SUV with a three year old and a seven month old, by my self, is not the easiest job. But as a military wife and mother I have done this several times already. This was the first trip with Brenden in his BIG boy car seat. He graduated out of his carrier into a rear facing car seat. This is difficult when either Riley or I have to use the bath. I no longer have a place to put Brenden except for on my lap. This is a challenge in itself. Riley is not old enough to hold him or is she strong enough now. So when we drive to and from Michigan I try to stop only twice. Once to eat either lunch or dinner and then again for a bathroom break. This helps keep life in order and a little less crazy if there is such a thing.


On our return trip home at this past visit we made the best time ever. We made it home to Tennessee in about 10 hours. This is excellent. The few trips it took us 12 + hours to make it to Michigan and sometimes longer to get home to Tennessee. The kids were great. They were tired and slept most of the time. With sleeping babies in the truck I was able to drive straight through without stopping. I think the kids were telling that they can handle the travelling. Both kids have become wonderful car/truck riders. More advertures to come has we will be travelling to Michigan a few more times before Ben returns home.

Posted by Angela

3 comments:

Jana, Mark, Megan and Joey said...

Not that traveling with kida is ever but it has to help that they have the "routine" down and are comfortable with it. And a "big boy" car seat, already!?! Stop growing Brenden! Megan is still a peanut we still have one more notch on our carrier she has to grow into.

Anonymous said...

That was great timing. It takes Grandpa and me that long but we have to stop for grandpa to eat and for me to go bath.

Love grandma Ringman

Andi said...

Sounds like the kids are really getting the hang of the trips to and from Michigan. I wish we were close enough to make trips like that!