Riley has become a little person who acts all grown for such a young little girl. I have been teaching her when its her job/responsibility to handle an issue or if its someone else's job. Well after today I have realized that she has learned this lesson well. Here is what happened tonight. Riley is watching cartoons and I am getting Brenden ready for bed. I tell Riley that I am going to rock-a-by Brenden in his room and will be back soon. "Ok, Mommy." While I am rocking Brenden, Little Miss Riley comes in the room and begins to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to Brenden. Yes it was very cute. I tried to sing along too but I was told that "Thats not your job. It's my job!" Well I listened as Riley continued to sing. When she was done singing she tells me about the jobs she has at school. She has to put her toys away because its her "job" not Ms. Ella's job.
Riley and I were picking up the livingroom before our friends came over for a play date and she tells me, "Good job, Mommy. We cleaned up because its our job not Jess' job." That's right Riley we have to clean up after ourselves so other and come and enjoy our house too. She is learning that she has to clean up or her things get taken to the trash. She does not like that idea and has now started to tell me what my jobs are and when I complete those jobs she tells me "good job." She is always so positive with her statements. I am very proud of her.






3 comments:
I love how you tought her what her jobs are as a "process" verses as an "order/camand" Great job Angie!
And to Riley, you are such a big help to your mom and Brenden, everyone who knows you is so proud of you! Keep up with all of the great work and funny stories.
I am proud of both of you. Angie,you are a great mother. Ben, Riley and Brenden are very lucky.
Riley you are a great helper, and Mom, she has learned from the best. She learns what she sees. Love you, Mom P.
Post a Comment