Well the kids and I made it to another Family Fun Fair on post this weekend. This time it was called Fall Fest and Toy run. We welcomed over 100 motorcycles at the park as they made their way to Ft. Campbell from Appleton. They were bring toys to help fill trucks for the holiday season. But what a trip to the park be without Gear-To-Go inflatables. Yes my kiddos enjoy jumping and playing on these things. They are always the same inflatables but it does not matter to them it just plan FUN.
Well the day did not end after the fall fest. Jess and I had plans to head to Nashville to go to the mall and do a little shopping. Sounded like a great time until we made it to I-24. We were on the road for about 15 mins before we hit some VERY heavy traffic (this is understatement). We had just past the 24 exit which is the last exit until we make it to exit 31. Well the fun has started. We are stopped. No one is moving and we are all out of our cars and standing in the road. The kids are out of their seats and playing in the truck. It looked like we were all tail gating and BBQing for the evening. After sitting for an hour a T-Dot truck had pulled up and we learned that their was a gas spill on the road at exit 35. So let just say we knew at this point we were not making it to Nashville. We are now trying to decide what to do. Make a U-turn or hold out and wait it out until we make to the next exit. Remember at this point we are at mile 25 and have to make it to 31. We waited and noticed that we had only went two miles (27) in a FOUR hour time span. At this point we came up to an u-turn and a semi-truck let us cut across and we pulled a u-turn. This would have happened sooner but their were police officers sitting in each one waiting to make their quota for the month. But after four hours and three hungry kids in the truck I did not care and made the daring choice. Once returning back home and watching the news I learned that the road was closed for over 9 hours and we sat in it for four hours. I-24 did not reopen until this morning. What a day!






3 comments:
I AM GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU ALL HAD A FUN TIME. RILEY AND BRENDEN DID A GREAT JOB PICKING OUT PUMPKINS!! SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A LONG DAY!!!
I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU GUYS,
AUNT MIMI
The pumpkins they picked out and decorated are great. They did a good job on them.
And I love the one with Riley sliding down the slide. That would be me too! Eyes covered until my feet were on the ground!
Brenden looks all business with his pumpkin!
Looks like you had another beautiful day for an outing. Love you miss you all. Love, Nana
I LOVE the picture of Riley going down the slide. Adorable! And Brenden with his pumpkin...cute! Too bad the day had to end on a frustrating note. At least you didn't wait in it the whole time. I guees I just don't understand why the police block the "u-turns" they knew no one was going anywhere. A threat of a ticket would not have stopped me when it comes to hungry kids in the car. I'm glad you didn't have to come to that!
Post a Comment